Ida is a fast, easy little colorwork cowl with that is big on style. Knit in two colors of Malabrigo Worsted and lined with Malabrigo Lace, the cowl knits up fast for a thick, soft, and very warm winter neck wrap. Because the cowl is so very thick and warm, it is intentionally oversized for a loose fit. The lace lining covers all colorwork floats to prevent snagging. Inspired by geometric patterns seen on midcentury fabric, the mood of the colorwork design can be easily altered by picking different colors. Make sure there is enough contrast between your colors so that the design will stand out.
Height: 5.5 inches
Circumference: 22.75 inches
- 50 yards Malabrigo Merino Worsted in MC (100% merino; 210 yds per 100g skein) Shown in color Pigeon.
- 40 yards Malabrigo Merino Worsted in CC (100% merino; 210 yds per 100g skein) Shown in color Frank Ochre
- 90 yards laceweight yarn in color similar to MC Shown in Malabrigo Lace (100% merino; 470 yds per 50g skein) in color Pearl
- U.S. size 4 (3.5 mm) 16 or 24 inch circular needle
- U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) 16 or 24 inch circular needle
- U.S. size 7 (4.5 mm) 16 or 24 inch circular needle
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker(s) (optional)
22.5 sts/27 rows = 4 inches in colorwork pattern on size 7 needles in the round using Worsted
22.5 sts/35 rows = 4 inches in stockinette st on size 5 needles in the round using Lace
Tech edited by Lauren Cross