The Impressionist Daubs Hat can also be purchased bundled with the Impressionist Daubs Shawlette as the Impressionist Daubs Set. The bundled package is $8.00.
Slip stitch patterns are great for variegated yarns. They break up the palette and provide points of visual interest that aren’t disturbed by a riotous splash of color. By staggering Mrs. Hunter’s Pattern, the Shetland eyelet and slip stitch motif used in so many lovely projects, the color is broken up further into what looks to me like daubs of paint from an Impressionist masterpiece. Whether you choose to knit it standard or extra slouchy, this drapey beret is sure to look marvelous on you.
one size, to fit an adult head, in two styles, Beret and Slouchy
- 150 to 200 yards Hand Painted Knitting Yarns Precious [60% Silk, 40% Merino; 275 yds per 100gm skein], shown in colorways Madame Butterfly (multi Slouchy) and Fidelio (pink Beret)
- U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) 16” circular needle or dpns for baby sizes
- U.S. size 6 (4 mm) 16” circular needle or dpns for baby sizes
- U.S. size 6 (4 mm) dpns OR long circular needle for Magic Loop
- 1 start-of-round stitch marker
- 5 additional, distinct stitch markers
- tapestry needle
20 sts/30 rows = 4 inches in stockinette st on size 6 needles
Tech edited by Lauren Cross