Edith started with a gorgeous skein of Metamorphosis from A Verb for Keeping Warm. I fell in love at first sight with the rustic texture and the beautiful biscuit color. It had to become something special, something that would show off the yarn to great effect. The resulting Faye Dunaway style beret and cravat will coordinate perfectly with a fitted fall sweater or a winter coat. There are two options listed for the beret, a shallow style, as shown, or a slouchy fit for a more modern look.
Hat: One size fits most adult heads at the brim. Options are given for a shallow or a slouchy beret.
Cravat: to fit neck sizes 13 (14, 15, 16, 17) inches
- 1 skein of A Verb for Keeping Warm Metamorphosis will work for both shallow hat and cravat in all sizes. More yarn is needed for slouchy hat and cravat. Shallow hat is pictured.
- Shallow Hat: 200 yards A Verb for Keeping Warm Metamorphosis (70% Superwash Merino, 30% Silk; 385 yds per 115gm skein), shown in colorway Filigree
- Slouchy Hat: 236 yards A Verb for Keeping Warm Metamorphosis
- Cravat: 92 (95, 98, 100, 105) yds A Verb for Keeping Warm Metamorphosis
- U.S. size 2.5 (3 mm) 16” circular needle
- U.S. size 3 (3.25 mm) 16” circular needle
- start of round marker
- tapestry needle
- 2 decorative buttons (15 mm/ 11/16 inch)
23 sts/34 rows = 4 inches in stockinette st on size 3 needles
Tech edited by Lauren Cross