Because I didn’t have enough sample FOs that lack a pattern, I completed another. This is a baby dress knit in Orange Flower Twist | SOCK in Sandstone, with Wabi Sabi Tallulah in Amelia for the edging. Orange Flower was and is one of my very favorite yarn dyers; Karin’s colors are stunning, and her subtlety has a quality almost like a good pencil drawing. She gets depth that retains a hand drawn feel without any jarring notes. Basically, I love her yarns and you should go buy a mess to prevent me from spending money I do not have on them.
This little dress has been in my head for years. The birth of my niece provided an excuse to finally make it. I was lazy about gauge, though, and the dress is a size up from the 6-12 month size I was aiming for, which means (alas, alackaday) that I shall have to make another little dress when I get the chance. Since I’m already so far behind in my pattern writing, I have decided to knit from my stash, and as I haven’t another skein of Twist | SOCK in a color I think will work well for this pattern, I have been combing through my other sock yarns for a pleasant combination. Today I will swatch and see what works. No more gauge carelessness on my part!
I did get a bunch of work done on writing up the Woodgrain Hat pattern, and it should be ready for tech editing later this week. I do my layout at the same time as I write up the pattern because seeing how it fits into the layout is a big part of making it work, and this means my write ups often take more time than they otherwise would. I still need to get modeled photographs, as well.
That’s largely it at the moment! ‘Til next time!