* If you haven’t checked it out yet, do go look at Help for Haiti patterns on Ravelry. This is a great time to buy patterns you’ve been wanting, when a percentage of sales will go to relief in Haiti.
* One of my friends, Marzipan, started a blog recently, and it is hilarious. It’s great slice of life stuff, and I’m already envying certain word choices. Read, enjoy!
* Apparently, WordPress is now publishing my emails when I respond to comments on this blog. I need to figure out how to turn that off, as I sometimes dither on quite a lot.
* There’s a really cool giant knitted rock on display at London’s Tate Gallery right now, by artist Andy Holden. Apparently, when Holden was 12, he visited Egypt with his family and while there, he unthinkingly broke a chunk of rock off the side of the Great Pyramid in Giza. Only when he was back home did he learn that what he’d done was against Egypt’s laws. Andy later returned the rock to the place he found it but I think this piece really emphasizes the way guilt can make things loom large in our lives, and the knitting actually makes a very effective texture.
* I’m getting close to finishing the second Arabella sample. In the meantime, here’s a bit of a teaser: a photograph of the unblocked first sample, made from the lovely AVFKW Creating that I bought with this in mind.