Ripple Hand Towel

Yarn: one and a half skeins Rowan Linen Drape (discontinued)
Possible subs: Plassard Coton-Lin, Louet Sales Euroflax Originals, Maggi Knits Maggi’s Linen, Needful Yarns Iside, Queensland Collection Cotolino
Needles: U.S. size 3 (3.25 mm)

Cast on 44 stitches
Knit for 4 rows in garter stitch.
Maintaining 3 garter stitches on each side, knit in the following pattern, which is taken from Barbara Walker’s A Treasury of Knitting Patterns (Diagonal Rib, page 24):

Row 1: K1, * p4, k4; rep from *, end p4, k1.
Row 2: K4, * p4, k4; rep from *, end p2.
Row 3: K3, * p4, k4; rep from *, end p3.
Row 4: K2, * p4, k4; rep from *, end p4.
Row 5: P1, * k4, p4; rep from *, end k4, p1.
Row 6: P4, * k4, p4; rep from *, end k2.
Row 7: P3, * k4, p4; rep from *, end k3.
Row 8: P2, * k4, p4; rep from *, end k4.

Repeat Rows 1-8.

Knit until the piece measures approximately 16 inches.
Knit four rows in garter stitch.
Bind off.

Posted in Free Patterns, Knitting, Self Designed
14 comments on “Ripple Hand Towel
  1. Jen says:

The color is beautiful…. and thank you for the pattern.

2. toalhinha de mão (cozinha)

3. toalhinhademo(cozinha)

4. The pattern is cool says:

The pattern is so cool
    Gladys

5. elaine james says:

Mary: I love all your knitting especially the towels. I hope to get some done soon.

6. GOSTARIA DE SABER SE TEM RECEITAS EM PORTUGUES.

PROCURO PULOVER ,PARA HOMEM E MULHER.

BLUSAS DE LA AMBOS SEXOS.

MEIA DE TRICO DE 5 AGULHAS.
    ESPERANDO SER ATENDIDA .
    PRESISO PARA O MEU SUSTENTO,VOU FASER E VENDER.

VOVO IVONE

FIQUEM COM DEUS

7. namaste girl says:

If I had learned education I would not have had time to learn anything else.

8. Marizeth Araújo says:

Amei os seus trabalhos…………os.

9. Debbie says:

Thanks for the pattern. It’s beautiful!

10. Hello!

The Fuzzy Square is pleased to let you know that one of your hand towel pattern is featured on the Fuzzy Square blog.

Here is a link to the post: http://fuzzysquare.blogspot.com/2013/01/fast-knit-gifts-in-time-for-valentines.html

Thanks! Hope you’re having a great day,

Sarah
    The Fuzzy Square

11. “Ripple Hand Towel « Knitting Kninja” truly makes
    me personally think a little bit further. I enjoyed every single portion of this blog post.

Regards -Rosella

12. Cheryl says:

what brand circular did you use here? i’d like to get some with blue cord also

• Kristen says:

Hi, Cheryl! Those are blue metal straights – I’m not sure of the brand, unfortunately, but I’ve seen similar needles at Joann’s. I don’t know of any circs with a blue cord offhand. (I use Knit Picks Options most of the time, and those have a purple cord.)

3 Pings/Trackbacks for "Ripple Hand Towel"
  1. [...] Ripple Hand Towel Knit Picks CotLin – Key Lime #696 [...]

2. [...] Posted by dawnsrays on August 13, 2008 First of all this is going to sound like a huge promotion for Elann.com (and well, it kinda is–they are a great company.  I have never had a bad experience with them:  yarn is wonderful, prices can’t be beat and they ship fast).  Like I said in my last post:  kitchen cotton, bad–alternative fibers good.  In the photo that follows we have a box full of goodies for wash clothes and for hand towels (Ripple Hand Towel): [...]

3. [...] Hand Towel  (pattern /  in [...]